Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Missing the Folks

I terribly miss my folks. Ever since they left (off to the land of milk and honey) more than a month ago , I would always think of the happy times. That brings mixed emotions -- the feeling of sadness, that they’re thousands of miles away from me... the feeling of joy, that my siblings have the most awaited time to bond with them... and the feeling of contentment, that their dream of finally migrating to the US was already achieved. I got a call from my Mom two nights ago, saying they were about to leave for Lake Buena Vista and spend my Dad’s birthday in Disneyworld! I was so ecstatic to hear that, more elated when she told me they already have their green cards! What can I say? They both deserve all the wonderful things coming their way. . And I’m glad even if I’m at the other side of the world... I’m just a call away. Happy birthday, Dad! And Mom, thanks for everything.

0 comments: