Monday, December 10, 2007

Balut Appreciated

I love how Andrew Zimmern appreciates the Philippines. I was watching “Bizaare Foods” of Discovery Travel And Living Channel when he went to Pateros for a “balut fest”. It was a very enlightening 1st experience for him! He actually liked it! There were more Pinoy delicacies that he tried like Soup #5, golf ball worms called Uok and keso-ube “dirty” ice cream on hamburger buns... only in the Philippines. In contrast, this Zimmern’s comment struck me the most...
I mean, do you really want to hear anything else about the Manila where there is more sadness, poverty, pollution and traffic than almost any other place in the world that I have ever visited? Or do you want to hear about the Manila where the privileged elites live behind walled compounds with private mercenaries guarding them and spend their days working in high-rise office towers and their afternoons shopping at Prada? Amazing world we live in...



0 comments: