Friday, March 20, 2009

A Yummy Toned-Down Dessert!

With this dessert, I got inspiration from Giada De Laurentiis' Toasted Pound Cake with Mascarpone & Amaretto. Of course, with the present world financial crisis, I need to "tone down" with regards to the ingredients used (what-ever, Vic!). I used the more spreadable Kraft whipped cream cheese and I stuck with the apricot preserves. The butter cake loaf I got was from Red Ribbon, which was good and tasty. Besides the mascarpone, I also had to omit the almond flavored liqueur and the almonds ... these are pretty lavish, hahaha!


Just toast the butter cake slices in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Then, spread a generous amount of the whipped cream cheese atop the cake slices, then follow with the apricot preserves. Put another cake slice atop the bottom cake. Mmmm! Even without the luxurious components that Giada used in her recipe, I still loved it! :-P

0 comments: