Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Weekend Blast

Since we figured that malls in the metro will surely be jampacked on the last weekend before Christmas, we opted to take a stroll down Bonifacio High Street instead. The weather was really nice, surprisingly after experiencing very humid visits at the said open promenade mall. That's Yuletide weather in action! Jimmy and I haven't eaten lunch that time so we both agreed on going to Market!Market! and order ...


Gosh we were so stuffed! Imagine a platter of Soy Chicken, Pork Barbecue Asado, Hainanese Chicken, slices of Dry Chinese Sausage and Century Eggs for only Php 333... such gastronomic heaven when you're starving like a horse! Paired with Salted Fish Fried Rice with Chicken (Php 128), that was a knock-out!
After that filling meal, we went back to the Serendra Piazza and were supposed to go to Krispy Kreme for some fancy doughnuts. But this caught our attention ...



Oh my my my! Jimmy was overwhelmed with the Elvis (Php 100) ... Oreo crust filled with peanut butter creme, caramelized banana slices, slathered with chocolate and caramel syrup and Reeses bits on top. I myself was thrilled to have the Banana Monkey Pie (Php 85) ... pecan cookie crust with bananas and sweet creme frosting! We both shared the Nutter Butter (Php 85), deliciously nasty peanut butter creme, sandwiched by two huge chewy oatmeal cookies.
Now if you ask me, was that a good, sweet Saturday afternoon? I'll raise both hands! :-P

0 comments: