Saturday, July 5, 2008

Delizioso!

I was on my way home from work one afternoon when I passed by this recently opened restaurant at the corner of Exportbank Drive and Chino Roces Avenue. It's Petra & Pilar, owned by Katrina Ponce-Enrile. The menu written on the board outside was tempting so I decided to take a peek. What did I buy?

Chicken Cordon Bleu!
(Fried rice courtesy of me & not included!)


That's chicken breast, butterflied and pounded flat, then ham, asparagus spear and cheese wrapped up inside, tightly rolled then dredged in egg wash, flour and Japanese breadcrumbs, then fried, served with Bechamel sauce! Ooh la la!

The place also boasts of other homey recipes like beef caldereta, osso bucco, sinampalukang manok, among others... all in carinderia-style and affordable prices!

There is also a line of deli items called
Delimondo, offering sausages, oils, marinades etc. I got...


Perfect for the new recipes I read from Yummy magazine, the Shrimp Chorizo Spaghettini and Chorizo Stew.

With the abundance of good food around, who wouldn't love to eat?! :-P

0 comments: