Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Obsession with Coffee Bun!

Ever since coffee buns made an impact here in Manila, I became an instant fan! I've tried different variants like Delifrance's and Roti Mum's ... and they were both awesome! This time, I'll give praise to one of the best ...


The Kopiroti Cafe at The Columns along Buendia corner Ayala is one homey hang-out for office workers and the condominium residents alike. Their black coffee (they call it Kopi) is robust and full of flavor! Added with sweet milk and sugar, that goes really well with The Kaya Toast ... toasted bread with butter and Kaya spread, which reminds me of my late Lola's coco jam. The Soft Boiled Eggs (seasoned with soya sauce and white pepper) make an interesting twist to egg preparation, which works for me. The star of the cafe is the Kopi Bun (Php40) ... nice and soft bun, oozing with butter filling and covered with a delicious and crunchy coffee crust. I can finish 3 buns in one sitting! I've purchased the Coffee Custard Bun from French Baker (Php42) and was not at all at par with Kopiroti's, in terms of the crunchiness and the filling. I prefer the Kopi Bun's rich butter filling rather than the French Baker's bland coffee custard. I love the location ... it's one cartwheel away from RCBC Plaza! Oh well, you can't blame me if I won't get tired of these coffee buns. :-P

0 comments: