Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Rihanna-CB Invasion

It was a clear, starry night when we went our way to the Bonifacio Global City open field for the Rihanna and Chris Brown: Live in Manila concert last Sunday. There were almost 70,000 people present to witness the event. What a huge crowd! Ergo, I expected the horrendous traffic within the area. In fairness, the show started almost on time, 8:10pm to be exact.


Chris Brown opened the show. He was such a dynamite on stage! Everybody felt the energy and high spirits from the 19-year old power performer. When he sang "Forever" and "With You", that made the people crazy!
After Chris Brown and some fireworks display, it was Rihanna's turn. Opening song was her hit, "Disturbia". I didn't expect that the crowd wasn't as enthusiastic as compared to the past hour. I can't blame the people ... Rihanna, for me, wasn't as good as the other R&B princesses in performing live. She did made a great effort though to perk up the concert people. And damn, she looked really hot in her black, skimpy outfit!
What made me excited? The last number, when Rihanna and Chris sang "Umbrella/Cinderella". That was good! Overall, I had a great time with my team mates. My feet surely were sore, but that was all worth it! :-P

0 comments: