Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amici = Friends :-)

Me and my friends rarely go out on weekdays, but last night was one exception. We had ...


I can't deny the fact that Amici's one of my favorite restaurants, despite its canteen-like facade and ambiance. Furthermore, maybe the food is customized to local taste, but what the heck... this is the closest I can get to savoring Italian cuisine, without spending too much.


I had the Linguine Al Pesto Genovese ... firm linguine pasta, smothered with rich pesto sauce and coupled with potatoes and green beans. Jimmy had Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Pepperoncino ... spaghetti tossed in basic Italian sauce of olive oil and lots of minced garlic, added with mildly spicy red hot pepper flakes and anchovies, showered with Parmesan cheese. Yumyum! We also got the Quattro Stagioni (Four Seasons) Pizza ... thin-crust pizza goodness, topped with cooked ham, mushrooms, black olives and artichokes.
For dessert, I had a cup of Strawberry Gelato, chunky strawberries incorporated in Amici's famous mouth-watering dense ice cream. To cap it all, I had a slice of Pistachiocolatto ... moist chocolate cake with pistachio cream filling, covered with chocolate ganache icing and with pistachio bits on the side. Who says I can't have 2 desserts? :-P



We all had a satisfying night ... good food and awesome company all in one! Beat that! :-P

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Amici! I think iba lasa ng original Amici sa Don Bosco kaysa sa ibang branches. Sarap naman! Aglio olio and pizza margherita! And gelato! I'm salivating! I'm inggit! :(