Thursday, January 8, 2009

Craving For Frosting

I'm a sucker for sweets. Never mind hyperglycemia (or high blood sugar, in other terms). As long as I want a sugar fix, I'll get it ... without painstakingly considering the harsh effects. What's Diamicron and Janumet for, right Edward? Oh and yes, I'm nuts, too. :-D
Anyway, Jimmy and I were in Glorietta one time and, like a vampire on the loose, smelled something sugar-coated in the air. So, we bought this fancy, light blue box containing what I was desiring for at that time.



Frostings cupcakes, from the family who created the commercially available Lemon Squares baked goodies, are well-crafted, enticing desserts which can satisfy one's sweet tooth. They're not too sweet and dense, as opposed to most of Sonja's Cupcakes creations. They boast of different confections in Regular, Fruit, Premium and Extra Premium choices. We bought the Banana Peanut Butter (Php 60), Crema de Fruta (Php 60), Belgian Chocolate (Php 55) and what I grabbed right away ...


Braso de Mercedes (Php 40)! The taste is full of delight, reminiscent of my all-time favorite desert. The cake is light and not too sweet, and the torched meringue on top is just right. Yum yum indeed! The Apple Pie is good, considering the cinnamon's not overpowering.

Compared to Sonja's, Frostings is less expensive and don't use much buttercream icing. Don't get me wrong, I love them both. They just satisfy my cupcake cravings. I better end this now. I have to drink my meds ... :-P

0 comments: