Friday, January 16, 2009

Cafe By The Ruins ... I Love!

I've heard so much above par reviews about Cafe by the Ruins and when we got the chance to eat at the said artsy dining place, I said to myself, it's definitely living up to its good reputation. The place is located right smack in the heart of the Baguio City Hall area, where the pre-war residential house of the 1st civil governor of Benguet used to stand. The overall ambiance is homey and rustic, and the interiors boast of native ingenuity. I like!


And the food? Pricey but worth every centavo. I got the Lon-Si-Log ... soft, garlicky sour pork chunks, marinated to perfection ala Longanisang Vigan, with sunny side-up egg and delectable mountain rice.


Jimmy had their famous Carbonara ... al dente flat egg noodles tossed in its creamy white-based sauce, showered with a generous amount of crisp bacon slices, and drizzled with Parmesan cheese. Most of the guys ordered Tita Susie’s Crispy Tapa ... crispy shredded marinated beef with tomato-onion relish and a cup of beef broth. Yum! Edward shared a piece of his Grilled White Goat Cheese Panini. The roasted vegetables sandwiched with the kesong-puti made it really good. What I loved most was Bingo's Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Grilled Shiitake Mushrooms ... cream-based pasta with slightly sweet, grainy white Ricotta and a hint of lemon, with succulent grilled Shiitake on the side, wonderfully marinated in what seemed like a balsamic vinegar-sugar base. The dish was such a gustatory delight.
Now I have to stop this. I'm hungry. :-P

0 comments: