Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Mongolian Paupau Affair

Whilst in Baguio, we welcomed Paupau's 23rd birthday! He totally loved what we gave him ... a pair of blue Chuck Taylor's. "That's my favorite color!", he says. By the way, he liked my rendition of the birthday song, too. :-)

To celebrate his birthday, we had Mongolian buffet dinner at...



This Mongolian barbecue in the heart of Baguio (Otek St., near the City Hall and Cafe by the Ruins) is one buffet heaven! For some mix and matching, there's a long line of metal bowls with meat (chicken, beef, pork and liver), crisp vegetables and different sauces and condiments. You can add an egg, too (with extra charge).
My bowl consisted of all meats, except liver (which I totally abhor), nearly all of the veggies (minus the bean sprouts ... high in uric acid), 1/2 cup of rice and the basic sauces (a big NO to the word "hot"). I added a hint of sweetness to my concoction by adding brown sugar and sweetened pineapple, plus a dash of sesame seeds. Voila! My very own Mongolian delight!

We then had desserts from the same place. The Blueberry, Mango, Lemon and Oreo Cheesecakes were sinfully smooth and rich ... that decadent melt-in-your-mouth goodness, the right choice to end an unforgettable dinner.



Of course, it's not a birthday dinner without the cake and candle ceremony. Paupau had his wish before blowing the candle on his blueberry cheesecake slice. Fun!
To Paupau, I wish you all the best. We're always here for you. Happy 23rd birthday, buddy! :-P

0 comments: